About the Village
What the Village Offers Area History Historic Photos (pre-dam)
WHAT IS THE VILLAGE?
The Village is one of the first developments on Canyon Lake and has a rich history, a great future.
We have unique geography, draping over a single massive curving hill, giving the feeling of an entire community in the sky. The main road, Skyline, is a curving loop along a ridge running the length of our community. The feel of the community is decidedly not Suburbia. Landscaping is often left natural. You won't see many fences. Our winding residential roads provide breathtaking views at every turn.
We cater to many lifestyles here in the Village. Our younger families appreciate the school bus stop here. Some prefer a home-sized lot, while others opt for larger sweeps of land. From cozy wooded homesites, to panoramic hilltop views, we have it all. Our homes are a broad mix of styles, sizes and ages.
Come take the pleasant drive along Skyline Dr, the backbone of our community. It's loaded with scenic vistas and a great place to start getting to know The Village at Canyon Lake. Or take a virtual tour with Google Street-View, where you can see the entire community from your easy chair.
- an invitation to become a member of our top notch community pool and clubhouse, set on a 200 foot cliff overlooking the lake.
- diverse properties water views, to deeply wooded lots overlooking Guadalupe Valley.
- good cell phone reception from the nearby towers.
- a boat ramp which is deep, and one of the last to close when the water levels drop.
- Holiday Lodge right next to the boat ramp, ideal for visitors.
- the convenience of nearby Sattler and Startzville for shopping and services.
- a free hot dog and pool party every year the Saturday before Memorial Day for our members and their guests.
- free use of game room when attendant is present on designated days and hours: check at the top of the homepage.
History of The Village and Surrounding Areas -- by Shelia Darst:
Correction: The Village Association made payments to Mr Sheridan for the office and downstairs Clubhouse. Then bonds created by Doyle Patton and James Reddoch were sold to our members for the payoff in the late 1980’s.
Development History by Cindy Joyce, Developer Tom Sheridan's daughter:
Links to External Information on Canyon Lake and Dam:
Historic Area Photos (many prior or during Dam Construction):